Cambrian College in Sudbury, Ontario, has been a leading postsecondary institution in Northern Ontario since its first classes were held in 1967. The College has a vibrant community of more than 11,000 learners – over 4,100 students in over 80+ full-time programs, plus over 7,000 students in almost 900 part-time courses/programs. It offers programming at three campuses and serves a student population that is reflective of the rich diversity of today’s global workplaces.
We are focused on transforming the learning experience to provide continuous access to flexible and customizable learning experiences. We are motivated to enhance the learner experience and to fully embrace the power of collaboration in a supportive learning community.
Why Cambrian College
One of the functions of Cambrian College is to support with respect to the “internationalization” of the College. It seeks out opportunities for students, faculty and others in the community who wish to gain international experience and cross-cultural exposure.
For the students, this may take the form of curriculum specific or general in-class lectures or workshops; participation in international and cultural events; one-on-one consultation; placement guidance and access to resources.
Through Cambrian College, students can:
- learn about available placement, employment or internship opportunities abroad;
- receive help in researching potential opportunities;
- learn key elements of an effective international job search;
- increase their country and cultural knowledge base and understanding;
- learn the strategic importance of introducing international experience into their portfolio of skills in order to increase their marketability, employability, and effectiveness in their particular field;
- access resources and publications; and
- be informed about or participate in upcoming international events and activities on campus, locally and elsewhere.