Lord Byng Secondary School is a public secondary school located in the West Point Grey neighbourhood on the west side of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The school officially opened in 1925 and was named in honor of Julian Hedworth George Byng, the Lord Byng of Vimy, a hero of Vimy Ridge and the Governor General of Canada at the time. The building was built in three sections. The East Wing opened in 1936 and the west wing and B wing were added after World War II. “C Wing” (Jules Quesnel now) originally Langara Elementary opened in 1927 and became part of Lord Byng in 1938 when Queen Elizabeth Elementary was built. C Wing housed junior students until the 1970’s when Jules Quesnel became an elementary school. Lord Byng underwent a seismic upgrade, completed in 2005 and with a new library and gymnasium, as well as a gallery, studios and classrooms added.
The school’s motto “Guardian of Morals” is the translated version of “Custos Morum”. The school’s colours are scarlet and grey and our school teams are known as the Lord Byng Grey Ghosts.