More than a century of discovery and service
The University of Illinois at Chicago traces its origins to several private health colleges that were founded in Chicago during the 19th century.
In the 20th century, new campuses were built in Chicago and later joined together to form a comprehensive learning community. In the last three decades, UIC has transformed itself into one of the top 60 research universities in the United States.
Unleash your potential
For undergraduate students, UIC offers:
- 86 bachelor’s programs to explore your interests and find the right program.
- A low student-to-teacher ratio with 1 faculty member to every 18 students.
- Top-tier faculty and dedicated staff to help you prepare for a fulfilling career.
You belong at UIC
As one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse universities in the country, UIC’s welcoming environment gives you the chance to study, work and grow with classmates who will broaden your perspectives and worldview.
UIC provides the broadest access to the highest levels of intellectual excellence. UIC’s mission is:
- To create knowledge that transforms our views of the world and, through sharing and application, transforms the world.
- To provide a wide range of students with the educational opportunity only a leading research university can offer.
- To address the challenges and opportunities facing not only Chicago but all Great Cities of the 21st century, as expressed by our Great Cities Commitment.
- To foster scholarship and practices that reflect and respond to the increasing diversity of the U.S. in a rapidly globalizing world.
- To train professionals in a wide range of public service disciplines, serving Illinois as the principal educator of health science professionals and as a major healthcare provider to underserved communities.