The property on which Castlemore P. S. is located was known as “Rosemount Farm” for nearly a century. From 1914 until 1950, the farm was owned by Fred and Emma Bagg and became one of the finest Dairy Farms in Markham Township. The wood lot, which Fred Bagg started with seedlings, is located to the north and west of the school and forms an important part of the parklands adjacent to the school. Prior to assuming its current name, the school was known as “Berczy North” – in honour of William Berczy (born Johann Albrecht Ulrich Moll) who arrived with sixty other families in 1794.
Our school motto is “Voices of Today, Voices for Tomorrow.”
Our school mascot is the Tiger.
Castlemore P. S. was officially opened in May 2002 and is located in the northern part of Markham Township – near the intersection of Kennedy Rd., and Major Mackenzie Dr. In 2002, six portable classrooms were placed on the school site. An eight-room addition (2 kindergarten classrooms and 6 regular classrooms) was built during the spring of 2004 and replaced the portable classrooms. Our facilities include an elevator (the school is “All Abilities” accessible), washrooms and shower facilities, library/resource centre, instrumental music room, art room, science lab, drama stage, four computer mini-labs, classrooms, gymnasium (with a dividing curtain), special education/ESL classrooms, staff room, administrative offices, health room and an outdoor soccer field.