Founded in 1970, Douglas College is the largest degree-granting college in British Columbia, Canada, educating close to 24,000 students per year. The College has two major campuses in Metro Vancouver (New Westminster and Coquitlam) as well as several smaller training centres in Surrey, Burnaby and Maple Ridge. With both main campuses directly on SkyTrain lines, Douglas is one of the most accessible post-secondary institutions in Metro Vancouver, drawing students from across the region.
Douglas offers the most bachelor’s degrees and post-degree programs of any college in B.C., and is noted for combining the academic foundations of a university with the career-ready skills of a college. Over 900 experienced, teaching-focused faculty bring both academic rigor and real-world experience to the classroom at Douglas. Outside the classroom, over 900 other employees work together to create a friendly, inspiring, supportive and respectful environment.
Why Douglas College
Douglas College is recognized as providing the most inspiring and relevant undergraduate educational experience in B.C., filling a niche between universities and colleges by combining the academic foundations of a university with the employer-ready skills of a college. We inspire our students to do what they love and be good at it, providing educational experiences that challenge, enlighten, and open doors to lives of passion and purpose. These guiding principles shape the Douglas College learning community and govern our decision-making. We believe:
- that students are our primary focus
- in fostering a dynamic, accessible and supportive teaching and learning environment that prizes excellence and innovation. We value creative and critical thinking and the will to challenge and be challenged
- in honouring the contribution and worth of all individuals. We welcome diversity with its rich complexity and believe that all voices need to be heard
- that it is our duty to be thoughtful and caring stewards of the personal, physical and fiscal resources entrusted to us. We practice social, environmental and community responsibility
- that intellectual growth and exploration inspire well-rounded, responsible and contributing citizens. We invite everyone into the excitement and curiosity of learning
- in the power of dreams and in the power of education to make them come true