Established by the government of British Columbia in 1981, Kwantlen, now Kwantlen Polytechnic University, has four campuses located in the Metro Vancouver region of British Columbia. KPU offers bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, diplomas, certificates and citations in more than 120 programs. Almost 20,000 students annually attend courses at KPU campuses in Surrey, Richmond, Langley and Cloverdale
Kwantlen Polytechnic University currently offers a range credentials, many of which are completely unique, to successfully meet the evolving needs of regional and global employment markets. Students have the opportunity to bridge certificate and diploma credentials into bachelor’s degrees, creating the option of academic and professional enhancement of applied and technical programs.
Why Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Canada’s Only Polytechnic University: Our polytechnic approach means that we combine academic excellence with hands-on, applied learning.
- Practical and Career Focused: Industry-driven programs with challenging and real world curriculum, including built-in practicums to allow students to get practical experience and network with professionals.
- Wide Variety of Program Flexibility Options: Over 120 diverse degree, diploma, certificate, citation, and apprenticeship programs.
- Teaching Focused University: Student-centered learning environment that brings together students, instructors, guest lecturers and industry experts.
- Student Support Services: We offer more than 30 student services to help you succeed including academic advising, a student Learning Centre, and scholarships.
- State-of-the-art Facilities: High-tech labs, studios, classrooms and facilities.
- Preparation for the Work Force: Earn while you learn. Co-op education allows you to gain relevant, professional work experience, earn money and meet industry contacts in your field. As well, hands-on practicums are built-in to many programs to provide professional work experience alongside your in-class education.
- Beyond the Classroom: Sport and recreational activities for all students, Talon Fitness Centre is a dedicated exercise environment on the Surrey campus, and opportunities to join student clubs.