Mohawk College is a public College of Applied Arts and Technology located in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area of Ontario, Canada. Mohawk serves more than 16,500 students and apprentices and is recognized as a leader in health, technology and skilled trades training and education. The College offers one- and two-year Ontario college diplomas, three-year Ontario college advanced diplomas, one-year Ontario college graduate certificates and four-year collaborative degrees, the latter in association with McMaster University.
Mohawk College is also one of the largest trainers of apprentices in Ontario, providing training to more than 4,000 apprenticeship students annually at its Skilled Trades and Apprenticeships Research, Resources and Training (STARRT) Institute in Stoney Creek, Ontario.
Why Mohawk College
Our Strategic Plan evokes a vision of Mohawk as a postsecondary destination renowned for its innovation culture and for skilled graduates ready to make a difference. It positions Mohawk as a preferred choice for local and international students seeking real world learning experiences and services customized to their needs. It also positions Mohawk as an ideal college for employers interested in partnering with us and in recruiting our highly desirable graduates.
At Mohawk College our vision is “Future ready. Learning for life”. We educate and prepare highly skilled graduates for success and contribution to community, Canada and the world. Our values guide our actions and decisions, define our innovation culture, and focus on students, staff and community:
- We are student focused. Students and learning are at the heart of all we do.
- We are committed to excellence. We are committed to innovation in education, corporate services and student services.
- We engage our community. We are responsive to and collaborative with the communities we serve.
- We are inclusive. We ensure a welcoming and supportive environment for all.
- We are accountable. We act with integrity, transparency, and base our decisions on evidence.