South Carolina at a Glance
Take a quick look at the University of South Carolina and you’ll find some pretty impressive numbers. We’re one of only 32 public universities to earn the Carnegie Foundation’s top-tier designations in research activity and community engagement. According to national publications like Kiplinger’s Inc. and U.S. News and World Report, our programs stack up against the best in the nation and around the world.
- #1 Undergraduate International Business Major
- #1 International MBA
- #1 Best International Experience
- #1 Ph.D. Program in Exercise Science
- No.3 IN WORLD for Sports Science: Public Health, Education and HRSM combined
- Nation’s BEST Public University Honours College
- 1 of 32 public universities with both Research and Community Engagement designations from the Carnegie Foundation
- #22 Public University for Delivering Work-Ready Graduates
- 9 Top 25 Graduate Programs
- No.4 Social Psychology Graduate Program
- UNIVERSITY 101 One of the nation’s best first-year experiences
- A BEST Value in Public Colleges in Public Colleges as rated by Kiplinger’s and Princeton Review
- Only university awarding a designation for graduating with Leadership Distinction
- Top 30% in the nation for the number of African-American graduates
- A Top Producer of U.S Fulbright Students
Founded in 1801, then-South Carolina College flourished pre-Civil War, overcame postwar struggles, was rechartered in 1906 as a university and transformed itself as a national institution in the 20th and 21st centuries.
Employment: Working at UofSC
More than 6000 employees work on our campus and form a community of professionals dedicated to higher education. We encourage you to consider some of the many reasons to work with us and then to search our current job postings and apply.